Who we are
- Understand and save your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- Help remember and process donations or items for purchase.
- Compile aggregate data about site usage in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies through your browser. If you disable cookies, some of our features will not function properly.
Information security practices
We and our website hosting providers employ a variety of security measures in our data centers and hosting facilities to protect against the unauthorized access, theft, loss, misuse, or alteration of information we collect from you.
Internet protocol address tracking
When you connect to our site, our servers recognize the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer providing you with Internet access. The IP address is used to gather location information of site visitors and can help diagnose problems with our servers or otherwise administer our site.
Personal information collection
We collect information from you when you create an account, make a donation, register for an event, sign up for a newsletter, respond to a survey, or any time you enter information into our site. Users can visit the site anonymously, with the understanding that our servers do collect IP address information.
In order to complete the purposes of your visit to our site, you might be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details.
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To complete the purposes of your visit.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To send emails regarding your account, donation, registration, etc.
- To send periodic email newsletters you requested.
- To follow up with you after correspondence with us.
Third party usage
Any information collected is for use by the church. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include website hosting providers and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when such release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Sometimes we include or link to third-party websites on our website. Third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies; we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do, we will post the new policy here.
Any questions about our website, inquiries about copyrighted material, or concerns about this policy should be directed to:
The First United Methodist Church of Arkadelphia
107 N 9th St
Arkadelphia, AR 71923